If your household is anything like ours, there may be a good chance that things seem disorganized and in chaos every time you turn around! Especially when it comes to all of the coloring, painting, pencils and paper items! Craft items can explode around the house! So when we saw this article over at Simple As That Blog, we knew that we were in for quite the treat and would find Easy Ways to Organize Your Kids Craft Items! Finally, some organization ideas that work!
What we loved most about this system that Simple As That Blog put into place, is that it didn’t include a lot of fancy or expensive organization systems that could be used in the house. Who has extra money for all of those elaborate items out on the market today to help organize your kids’ items?!
- By using some easy stackable plastic drawers, things start getting organized in a hurry. It’s simple to throw these stackable drawers in a closet or keep them in an office or craft room, where the kids primarily play with them. And when they’re done? They know exactly where they are going to have to go.
- Another idea that Simple As That Blog showed us, was that if it doesn’t fit in the drawers, than it doesn’t belong in the house! As easy as that! How many of you have WAY too many crafting supplies that it is going to take you years, if ever, to work your way through with the kids? It can be so easy to grab a cute crafting item we think the kids will love when we’re out and about, but before you know it, things are overflowing and there is way too much “stuff” in the way. Stop buying supplies when you know you have tons to keep the kids busy already! What a great way to keep the clutter to a minimum.
- Label drawers clearly so it’s easy to see at first glance what items are in which area. The last thing you want to do is to have to browse through every single drawer to figure out where the items are that your kids are looking for. And it makes it easy for the kids to put things away when they are finished with them, as well. It’s a win-win! Knowing where they can find things like stamps, paint, papers and all of their other goodies, will save everyone time and keep everything well-organized!
- Another great idea is to include removable containers in the stackable drawers that may be best to organize separately. We love how crayons, markers, scissors, and other items can be separated within a drawer to easily pull them out. What a great way to keep things in place and make it easy to remove! It’s also easy to take things with when you’re on-the-go with the kids. If you have times when you know you’re going to be in the car for awhile, why not take some of these removable items with to keep the kids occupied?!
- Finally, stop destroying your kitchen table in the name of art and grab the kids their own small crafting table where they can work on any project their heart desires! Keep your eyes open at garage sales and create a great addition for the kids to focus on their own work, so you can focus on yours!
We’re definitely going to get started with some organization for the kids crafting items ASAP! What great ideas from Simple As That Blog to make sure you are able to keep tabs on what you have in inventory for them, too. Stop restocking things when you don’t need to and make sure you’re saving money. This is a perfect way to create a space where the kids can be creative and make beautiful projects! Have fun!
Click on the following link for more details and to view the original article and image credit: Simple Ways to Organize Kids Craft Supplies